Tuesday, August 10, 2010

From spinner.com: Brandon Flowers Says Solo Album Songs Were Originally for the Killers



It may have his name branded all over it, but the songs on Brandon Flowers' solo album were originally penned for the Killers.

The singer is launching head-on into solo territory with the release of 'Flamingo' in September but he has admitted the songs were written for his day-job band, he told Elle magazine (via Gigwise).

He also revealed that naturally stepping outside the Killers' world and doing it alone was a particularly unnerving experience.

He said, "I wrote the songs for the band. I didn't write anything for myself."

He added, "I've only ever known the Killers. So it was strange once it became apparent I was doing this alone."

The singer had said in an earlier interview with the print edition of NME that he hopes the record could actually galvanise the Killers. He said, "I feel like I'm getting something out of my system with this album, but I want the next Killers album to be a wonderful collaboration between four guys who are ready to make the best record that they possibly can."

'Flamingo' is set to be released on Sep. 6 in the UK and Ireland and is set to include a track featuring a duet with Rilo Kiley singer Jenny Lewis.

Article here: spinner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment